My Sweet Evan

My Sweet Evan
On my way from Heaven



God delayed my trip that day



He said that I was special



and then sent me on my way



but not before he kissed my ears



He left his Blessed mark



to carry with me here.



He whispered in my ear right then



that he loved me without a doubt



and then he closed my ears up tight



so the whisper won't get out




-Author Unknown


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mindful

It has been awhile since I have posted and have alot of catching up to do. I have titled this 'Mindful' for alot of reasons...
I am mindful of the everyday things that we all take for granted. With that being said we are so glad that we are finally home!!!! Evan's 1st stage ear reconstruction surgery was done on May 18th. Due to complications unforeseen he had a second surgery and we were in Los Angeles for almost a month. Evan is doing well and his latest and greatest pic is 42 days post op. I want to thank the Perre family and Angela and Sarah Sabal for being such a great support while we were in Los Angeles. We will never forget your kindness and hope we have made a lifetime friendship!!! Evan has been a trooper and is now acknowledging his 'new' ear and his 'little' ear. He did not do that before surgery. Tonight he was actually rubbing his little ear and looking at Aiden's ear.We are finished with the 2x daily bandage changes and are just applying antibiotic/steroid creams now - yeah!!!
The surgery was very hard emotionally because at times I wondered if I had chose the right path. God opened way too many doors for this not to happen. Everyone that helped contribute in anyway whether it was financially or with words of encouragement should be mindful that they have paved an easier life for our son. I could NEVER in my lifetime tell each of you how much this means to us.
Having Evan in our lives has made each of us mindful of life and the way you live it.
I have had several people that have met Evan and have expressed how much he touched them and made them walk closer to God. This is what I love. Evan and Aiden's life thus far is my testimony. Even though there are days when I feel God is far away I can kiss my boys and know that he is right here with me. So.... what are you mindful of today???

3 comments:

  1. Wow Angela, Thank you so much,you guys were there for us as well and it was so wonderful to have you near us whilst we were in LA, we miss you all terribly and Luca and olivia always talk of Evan, we have Evans photo on our fridge so we see his smiling face everyday. You wrote the most beautiful blog today, God has blessed you with two angels.
    Miss you
    Lisa
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    So glad that everything is going well now. Evan's ear is looking great.
    Warm regards,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela

    So happy to hear things are going well now. His ear is looking great and the ear will keep looking better and better. Yes I do know how emotional the surgery is on us parents. A month or so after surgery I questioned our decision but I now realize once it is made you can't go back so no reason why to think anything other then it was the right choice and if god lead you the way you know it is right. Time will ease any doubts, you know in your heart you have done everything possible out of love of your son and that in the end is what matters. Hoping all future surgeries go even better.
    Warm regards
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete