My Sweet Evan

My Sweet Evan
On my way from Heaven



God delayed my trip that day



He said that I was special



and then sent me on my way



but not before he kissed my ears



He left his Blessed mark



to carry with me here.



He whispered in my ear right then



that he loved me without a doubt



and then he closed my ears up tight



so the whisper won't get out




-Author Unknown


Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Rock

'The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.'
Psalm 18:2

WOW! Well, Evan's surgery on his right ear is scheduled for October 15th. We will be flying out from Monroe Regional Airport on Oct 13th. Our tickets have been paid for by generous donors. I cannot begin to tell you how blessed we are. I wake up each morning as if I am am a foggy dream. Everything has happened so fast. 9 months ago I remember sitting in a parking lot crying and feeling so discouraged because I knew that we could never raise enough money for Evan's surgeries and TODAY we have enough for his second surgery. I am still wondering if this is a dream. Evan's second surgery was not supposed to be until next year but due to scheduling conflicts we are doing it this year. His next surgery (revisions on both ears) is scheduled for April 15th. I have no doubt that God will provide and we will have enough for his surgery in April. It is so funny how things just work out. Evan will have his ear surgeries completed by the time he starts preschool. Just think - our goal was to complete his surgeries by the time he started kindergarten! His left ear is healing nicely and looks better every week. I will post pics soon. Thanks to everyone for standing behind us and praying with us. You have each in your own way blessed Evan and our family.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog! It is such an encouragement with your inspirational words and the scripture you use. We are born again Christians! Isn't it amazing to have God through this whole process, I couldn't imagine going through it all alone. Our son has LMA and his atresia repair surgery is set for this October 21 with Dr. Roberson, he will have medpor with Dr. Lewin on March 1 of next year. We will be praying for you on October 15. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, and beautiful Evan,

    Just thinking about you and missing you guys lots. Can't believe Evan will have his operation shortly you are in my prayersxxx
    Love, Lisa,Joe, Olivia and Luca xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Angela

    How long are you going to be in California for his surgery? Trey is having stage 2 with Dr. Lewin now on October 26th, maybe we will run into each other. Hope all is going well and Evan is healing well.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete