My Sweet Evan

My Sweet Evan
On my way from Heaven



God delayed my trip that day



He said that I was special



and then sent me on my way



but not before he kissed my ears



He left his Blessed mark



to carry with me here.



He whispered in my ear right then



that he loved me without a doubt



and then he closed my ears up tight



so the whisper won't get out




-Author Unknown


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prayervan

Prayer is a powerful thing. Especially if we all join together....
Evan's surgery was a little over 11 hours long. It was a very long day for all of us and especially for Evan. We got back to the hotel after midnight. Evan woke up about 4 this morning still groggy from the pain meds they gave him. He is not eating a banana, fruit loops and a muffin for breakfast. Despite his small frame this child can eat!!! Please continue to pray for Evan. Pray that he will have a good day today and will have minimal if no pain. He is such a trooper. The doctor said one of the blood vessels that supplies blood to the new ear was not a good vessel. They worked on it for a long time, trying to warm it. He did get it to pulse but it is still not flowing the way Dr Reinisch would like it to be. Pray for this vessel to flow freely and supply Evan's new ear successfully. Pray for all of us as we continue this journey. Pray for Dr Reinisch as well because I know it was a long day for him as well. Pray hard for Evan to recoup well and for the surgery to be a success. Thanks for the contiuous flow of prayers and thoughts....

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you and your family, as well as the doctors and everyone involved. I hope the recovery goes well.

    Angela and Cooper (RMA age 5)

    ReplyDelete