My Sweet Evan

My Sweet Evan
On my way from Heaven



God delayed my trip that day



He said that I was special



and then sent me on my way



but not before he kissed my ears



He left his Blessed mark



to carry with me here.



He whispered in my ear right then



that he loved me without a doubt



and then he closed my ears up tight



so the whisper won't get out




-Author Unknown


Monday, February 1, 2010

Patience

Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers for Evan. We have a large financial goal to meet but I have faith that we can do it. I have lots of good friends and a large family that will do everything in their power to help Evan. Evan's first surgery is scheduled on May 17th. They will reconstruct his left ear. I hope that they can do the reconstruction on the left ear in just one surgery. His right ear will probably take 3-4 surgeries. Once they reconstruct his ears they will surgically place the BAHA hearing aid. This will help Evan hear just like you and I do.
The total amount of Evan's surgeries is approximately $80,000.00. This is a round bout figure and the doctors in California that are going to perform the surgeries are currently working with the hospital/anethesiologist/hearing aid company to get us discounts. If it were not for Julie @ Dr Reinisch's office I would probably still be sitting at home crying and wondering how we could get this done. She has been a godsend!
Just last week I was thinking we would never get this done. Over the weekend I had thought of sponsors I would call to get gift cards/raffle items. One of the sponsors on my list was McKinney Honda. I went to work on Monday depressed and wondering just how I would ever do this. One of the people I met on Monday worked at McKinney Honda. TALK ABOUT A GOD THING. We talked and she has contacted me to offer help throughout the week. I cannot express the gratitude that I have. I went to lunch and was sitting in the parking lot thinking "ok God, if this is going to happen I will let it, but I need help." Julie from Dr Reinisch's office called ( I have not spoken to her in several months) and said she still had Evan scheduled for surgery in April. I explained to Julie that we did not have the money and I just got internet service so I could start researching programs to help with the expenses. She would not take no for an answer and said she would call me back in March. TALK ABOUT A GOD THING. I am now aware that things are happening and I just need to step back and let God do his work.
I have been very busy and have a 'to do' list I work on everyday. I have had lots of people asking about fundraising info and if anyone has any ideas please call or email me. I have set up an account for the Evan Holley Medical Fund at Centric Federal Credit Union. We have a chicken Spaghetti dinner/Rummage Sale that will take place at Trinity Baptist church. I will let everyone know as soon as we schedule a date. We also will be selling hamburger plates at Wal-Mart. As soon as I speak with Wal-Mart personnel to set a date I will let you know. I am waiting on order forms to see Butter Braids so if you are interested in helping sell these please let me know. You can visit their website to get more info. I am waking up each day with new ideas and everyday God sends someone my way with new ideas of information to help Evan. It is amazing how things just happen. I don't want to spend my life wasted . I want to wake up each day and find a way.........

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! Count on me. Not sure what I can do to help, but I love your boys and I will help you the best I can. You just have to let me know what you need! Love my Boys!

    ReplyDelete